My approach to counselling is influenced by person-centered, holistic, and mindfulness-based therapy models. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Solution Focused Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Positive Psychology, attachment theory, and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) also influence my approach. I believe that genuineness, vulnerability and authenticity are at the heart of therapy. I help clients develop skills and perspectives that allow them to get the most out of life by targeting repetitive self-defeating beliefs and behaviours, approaching challenges in new and more effective ways; and accessing greater joy, meaning, and purpose in daily life. Through the transformative process of therapy, suffering becomes resilience, fear becomes courage, and hopelessness becomes empowerment.
My areas of specialization include:
- Recovery from Childhood Physical, Emotional and/or Sexual Abuse
- Youth and Family Counselling
- Anxiety and Depression
- Assertiveness and Boundary Development
- Counselling Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Gender Diverse, Trans*, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, Agender, Two Spirit, and Gender, Romantic and Sexual Minorities
- Stress Management and Self-Care
Appointments are available in-person or by telephone. My office building has wheelchair-accessible washrooms and elevators, and has a gender neutral washroom available. My office space can accommodate many assistive devices, please contact me for details.